Multiple anthologies, big congrats, current/future projects

2017 has been a big year for me. I was short-listed for the Trillium Book Prize for Poetry. My first short story collection was published. The collective I'm a part of finally presented new work!

So what does the future hold? What projects can I tell you guys about that will get you excited for the new year?

First, I'd like to congratulate Dumagrad Books, publishers of my short story collection, for getting national distribution! It's been a tough path for Dave and his team to get this far. But reaching this goal means that one of my favorite publishers has more hurdles and new goals. Hopefully by next Summer, I'll be able to announce some of the projects that Dumagrad and I are working on. You didn't think I was just going to do a single book with them?

Second, this Summer I signed a contract with Guernica Editions for a new project. A few weeks ago, I finally received a signed agreement from both owners. That means in 2020, Guernica Editions is going to publish an anthology (not sure if it'll be one or two volumes) edited by yours truly. My delivery date is in 2019, so most of next year will be dedicated to putting it together. Because of the nature of the project, my deadlines, and quality control I'm initially going to have an invitation only submission process. That doesn't mean that I won't do an open call! If you're a writer in Canada, polish some work just in case!

Third, currently I'm helping Quattro Books with their new emerging poets competition and anthology. If you don't have a full-length book of poetry, and live in Canada, you probably qualify. Have a look! I've been doing what I can on social media to promote this project, but it's up to you guys whether it succeeds! Did I mention that it's free to submit to? I've applied for funding to work further on this project. If I get the funding, I'll be part of selecting the finalists and given the chance to edit one of the three winners under Quattro's poetry editor's guidance.

There's more going on. Books that need to get published. A poetry manuscript and YA novel that I'm shopping. My next book is launching next Spring with Grey Borders! Tuesday is my first published novella! That cover looks amazing doesn't it? Maybe next year I'll post the story behind it. Lots of big things are on the horizon. Please keep an eye out and support!

Peace and respect



Popular Posts